ONLINE PUBLIC ACCESS CATALOGUE [OPAC]
An online public access catalogue (often abbreviated as OPAC or simply “library catalogue”) is an online database of materials held by a library or group of libraries. Users typically search a library catalogue to locate books, periodicals, or other items under control of a library.
Web OPAC (Open Public Access catalogue) is search engine for finding any catalogue information of NIE Library.
The feature of Web OPAC is:
- Search facility: By specifying Author, Title, subject, year of publication or any other field.
- Status of the book: Whether the book is on shelf or issued.
- Number of copies available in library.
- Due date for the borrowed books.
How to access the library web OPAC:
- User should type the IP address mentioned above in the internet explorer address bar.
- After clicking on above mentioned link OPAC screen will pop up on your computer
- Click the OPAC and put the fields you required on Author, Title, Edition, etc. you will get details of book availability.
- If you want to access Digital Material (question papers) enter membership id to login, your membership code is your USN No. for staff library membership no. and default password is library requested change the password after logging in.